The Myth of the Garage: And Other Minor Surprises is a short collection of columns written by Dan and Chip Heath between 2007 and 2011. Topics in the collection include:
- Why you should never buy another mutual fund (“The Horror of Mutual Funds”)
- Why your gut may be more ethical than your brain (“In Defense of Feelings”)
- How to communicate with numbers in a stickier way (“The Gripping Statistic”)
- Why Second Life didn’t take over the world as expected (“The Future Fails Again”)
- What could lead you to pay $300 for a pair of socks (“The Inevitability of $300 Socks”)
- And 12 others…
The Myth of the Garage is the first free e-book ever released by Crown Publishing – it is not available in a print version. (The “book” depicted above is itself mythical.) If you don’t have an e-book reader, then download the free PDF version now.